Wednesday 5 December 2012

Logo new thoughs


On my last conversation with my lecture, she suggested I should look into the reference of the songkok,batik design ,wayang kulit and craving which are all traditional malay culture. Reconsider again of the target audience. The initial idea of my team are to re-advertise the product to a less confronting and consider some censorship. Obviously the picture of an old man hugging a young woman is consider offensive and inappropriate.
When I finally began the process of redesigning the product’s logo of my team had chosen.
I realized a couple of issue at very last minutes, something which I have not even though about for the past few weeks. If you take a visit to the the product company im improvised on: (http://www.jusperawan.com/)


The 1st impression you will get is the language ,color tone, and the image of the products. It’s all in malay. If I consider malay culture in part of my redesigning the product again, it wouldn’t be better than just reduplicate another design which is “malay” product. I took another close look at the assignment brief and realized, this is a chance for me to rebranding and advertise the product  in a new way.Thus, it gave me a hard though and a potential , what if I redefine the product itself and not entirely base on just malay target audience?
What if the product goes into the international market rather just local market when they are just focusing on a single race itself? What will a foreign consumer, the Chinese, the Indians woman look at the original product, would they spend another second looking at it or just quickly jump into a conclusion that this is a malay thing? I’m speaking  in a general term. Would it be better if the way of product represent themselves in a brand new name, packaging and its image to a general term where all of the women could benefit from it. As you know Malaysian are a diversity nation where many cultures and ethics living under one roof. Based on sad tragic which took place in the past, the 513 incident where riot caught on fire between different races, we all know that a single races couldn’t just be more selfish on their own. I believe this lesson and way of thinking are the same goes to the product. It shouldn’t be just mainly focusing on their own ethic even though it was manufacture by a malay company.
http://www.womaninc.org/images/logo_final_transparent.gif
Therefor,I believe my final design of the logo itself should be something more in general terms. What I mean is that the design itself should  have something where woman shared and not cultural based.There are no difference between a malay woman and chinese,indian right? Just the cultural background,language and skin colour are different and they all still share the same genetic  body.
http://www.suoakesdesign.com/Images/LogoWomanPPSS%20.gif
http://www.jeffjonesillustration.com/images/illustration/00879-organic-womans-face.jpg


AND I HAVE SOME EXPERMIMENTAL WITH THE THE ILLUSTRATOR.
MY JOB IS TO CREATE A SIMPLE LAYOUT OF THE LOGO AND MY PARTNER WILL RENDER THE COLOUR.
TO ME I THINK mature purple, pink suits our target audience




No comments:

Post a Comment